Develop Foundational Reading Skills with Decodable Texts!
Scholastic Phonics Readers are a fun and engaging way for children to apply their developing phonics skills while reading short, enjoyable stories.
These texts provide children with early reading access through independent, sound-controlled reading materials and systematic phonics instruction.
Scholastic Phonics Readers help children:
- Make connections between sounds and letters
- Blend sounds to make words & recognize high-frequency words
- Write words
- Develop fluency at an increased reading rate
Features of Scholastic Phonics Readers
The first six books focus on concepts of print, a-b-c recognition (upper and lowercase), common letter reversals, sound/symbol connections, and simple punctuation.
Scholastic Phonics Readers include:
- 72 Phonics Readers (6 copies each, 432 books)
- Teacher’s Guides (1 for books 1-36, 1 for books 37-72)
- Take-home books (blackline masters of all 72 books)
- Storage bins
- Labelling stickers