Scholastic Canada is the country's leading publisher and distributor of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading. An opening exists in the Trade division for the position of National Account Manager, Library & Educational Retail Accounts reporting to the Director, Trade Sales.
The National Account Manager is the senior sales position responsible for overall account sales, strategy, analysis, program implementation and account management.
- Sell and market all Scholastic Trade books to the library and educational retail market in Canada
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with buyers, marketers, and others at account level in order to maintain a solid partnership, grow business and develop new opportunities
- Identify promotional and merchandising opportunities for libraries to increase Scholastic presence; analyze results and build upon successes
- Analyze performance of new and evergreen titles and programs using BNC Salesdata, library-specific tracking systems and internal systems; provide timely reports to key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain communication strategy whereby library wholesalers, libraries and educational retailers are apprised of new product and properties, advertising opportunities, promotions, displays, policies, specials, etc.
- Communicate effectively to internal partners changes to accounts, trends in business, identify opportunities and competition and be prepared to recommend changes to improve business
- Be a children’s book expert and an advocate for the library market
HOW YOU CAN FIT:
- Ready to join a fast-paced sales team in a rewarding industry
- Driven – possess a strong desire to be successful, self-starter and a true initiator
- University degree in related area, or equivalent
- 3-4 years progressive and related experience
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to quickly switch gears and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of BNC Salesdata and Catalist
- Valid driver’s license
- A passion for children’s books is FUNdamental
- Some travel will be required along with occasional weekends and evenings
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive corporate RRSP program
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period
- Employee discounts on Scholastic merchandise!
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume including salary expectations by August 30, 2019 to:
Human Resources Division