An opening exists in the Receiving Department for a Receiver reporting to the Inbound Logistics Supervisor.
This position is Seasonal until June with the possibility of being hired on after successful completion of this seasonal contract.
- Physical unloading of all inbound stock including JC deliveries and containers and pallet load return deliveries.
- Manual receipt and organization of courier dock deliveries of inbound stock and Book Fairs transfers.
- Assists Returns with organization, initial stock storage and accurate labeling of returned stock.
- Assist Receiving with organization and preparation of all paperwork for all JC deliveries.
- Co-ordinate and oversee Recycling shipments, communicating with all warehouse departments regarding loading of outbound recycling stock, additionally responsible for timely booking of recycling pick-up appointments.
- Perform manual breakdown and organization of Purchase Order receipts, including accurate counting and completion of work sheets.
- Restack cartons onto skids when pallets are deemed unsafe or require sorting.
- Maintain licenses and proficiency in operation of all forklifts required for successful completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Breakdown & count inbound BF transfers.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma along with 2 years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in addition to well-developed organizational and problem solving are required.
- Ability to work independently or in groups and be a team player are essential for this position.
- A current forklift operator’s license (reach, and walkie) would be an asset.
- Previous experience with AS400 and keyboard skills.
- Ability to lift/move manually up to 40lbs repeatedly for each shift.
- Safety certified for pallet truck operation.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of your resume by March 12, 2021 to
Human Resources Division