An immediate opening exists in the Scholastic Marketing Division, for the position of Web Designer reporting to the Website Manager.
- Conceptualization and design of assets for Scholastic marketing and e-commerce websites.
- Website assets include interactives games, promotional videos, mini sites, banner ads and email campaigns.
- Will also manage schedules, delivery timelines and client relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years demonstrable experience working in web or digital design, preferable in a corporate/office environment.
- Diploma or degree in Digital Media Design, Design, Web or similar.
- Solid design and typography skills supported by varied portfolio samples.
- Expert knowledge Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Premiere, AfterEffects and Audition)
- Working knowledge of Ontario web accessibility standards, particularly AODA/WCAG requirements.
- Strong understanding of web standards and best practices for responsive design and development, experience in Bootstrap framework an asset.
- Experience in cross browser/platform/device compatibility testing.
- Experience in the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform an asset.
We are looking for an ambitious team player with a solid work ethic, a positive attitude, and is able to take art direction.The applicant must be detail oriented and well-organized, handling multiple projects at once while still meeting tight deadlines. Excellent writing, speaking, and communication skills are a must. English/French bilingualism is an asset.
This position is situated in our downtown Toronto office. If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume including salary expectation by Tuesday, July 2, 2019 to:
Human Resources Division