Sunny Makes a Splash
Scholastic Inc. | ISBN 9781338233179 Paperback
224 Pages | 5.533" x 7.981" | Ages 8 to 12
Scholastic Inc. | ISBN 9781338233193 Ebook
224 Pages | Ages 8 to 12
The latest in the New York Times bestselling Sunny series brings Sunny into a sink-or-swim summer, where she needs to float her first job and dive into her first maybe-flirtation.
It's summer, and Sunny is BORED. Most of her friends are out of town. Her mom wants her to baby-sit way more than Sunny wants to baby-sit. There's nothing good on TV.
The only place that's cool (in a not-boring sense) and cool (in a not-hot sense) is the community pool. Sunny loves going there . . . and loves it even more when she's offered a job at the snack shack. Soon she's flinging fries and serving soft ice-cream like a pro . . . with the assistance of the very sweet boy who works with her.
Sunny's mom isn't sure Sunny should be quite so independent. But Sunny is definitely sure: Life is best when it's free swim.
Raves & reviews:
Praise for Sunny Rolls the Dice:
A New York Times bestseller!
2020 Maverick Graphic Novel Reading List
* "A sweet, funny, and silly story with a serious message at its core: stop trying so hard to be cool, and just have fun being yourself." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The dice are rolling readers' way in this third outing." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for Sunny Side Up:
"Heartbreaking and hopeful, Sunny Side Up is just the thing to chase away the clouds." --Raina Telgemeier, creator of Smile and Sisters
* "A humorous yet emotional story with a memorable protagonist and detailed full-color art that make this a perfect choice for fans of Raina Telgemeier." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The Holms tell this poignant, multi-threaded story with great warmth and humor, and exquisite comic timing." -- Shelf Awareness for Readers, starred review
Praise for Swing It, Sunny:
* "Fans of Sunny Side Up will adore this sequel, which provides enough background for new readers to jump right in." -- School LIbrary Journal, starred review
* "Poignant and hilarious in turn and emotionally rich throughout. Another radiant outing." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review