Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Scholastic publishes recreational reading for children and young people. Its publishing focus is on books by Canadians or of Canadian interest.
Our recent trade catalogues are available online at www.scholastic.ca/booksellers/catalogues.php.
Scholastic Canada is currently interested in reviewing Indigenous material in all genres and at all levels. No other unsolicited submissions are being accepted at this time.
- For picture books, submit full manuscript. No illustrations necessary.
- For junior, middle-grade and YA fiction, submit an outline and three consecutive sample chapters.
- For non-fiction, submit outline and writing sample.
- Do not submit original illustrations or other materials.
- Submit via regular mail only.
- Allow 6 months for response.
- Please include an SASE; if no SASE is included Scholastic will only respond if the project is thought to be suitable.
Material can be mailed to:
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
604 King St W
Toronto ON M5V 1E1
Scholastic Canada is not responsible for lost material.
Professional illustrators interested in working with Scholastic are invited to email sample art and links to an online portfolio to Andrea Casault, Art Director at email@example.com.
Illustrators of interest will be contacted should a suitable project arise.
Thank you for thinking of us. We wish you the best of luck with your work.
TM & © 1996 - 2019 Scholastic Canada Ltd. All rights reserved.