The Little Knight Who Battled the Rain
by Gilles Tibo, illustrated by Geneviève Després
ISBN 9781443133821 Paperback
32 Pages | 8.29" x 10" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
An endearing tale about finding creative ways to confront your fears.
The little knight lives in a curious little kingdom, a village built on the very top of a forest. He loves cats and chocolate cake, and he isn’t afraid of the dark, or of mice. The only thing he fears is the rain, which makes his armour rust.
One day, a huge storm descends. It rains for days, stranding the villagers in their high-up homes. The little knight, hiding in his fortress, has an idea to save the village. But can he face his fear and ride to the rescue?
Praise for Le petit chevalier qui n’aimait pas la pluie (The Little Knight Who Battled the Rain):
Winner, Prix Québec/Wallonie-Bruxelles de littérature de jeunesse, 2013
Winner, Applied Arts Illustration Award – Complete Book Illustration, 2012
Winner, Prix Illustration Jeunesse 2012 Catégorie Album illustré, Salon du livre de Trois-Rivières, 2012
Finalist, OLA Prix Tamarac Express, 2013
Finalist, Prix Alvine-Bélisle, 2012
A CBC Bookaboo Selection
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Chinese Simplified - CITIC Press
- German - Lappan
- Korean - Dongsim
- Portuguese - Editorial Bizâncio
- Turkish - Arkadas
- An award-winning picture book never before published in English
- The resourceful knight will appeal to girls and boys.
- Funny captions in the illustrations add an extra level of interest and interactivity.