ISBN 9780439988964 Paperback
32 Pages | 8.05" x 10" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
This favourite Munsch tale gets a fresh new cover treatment!
Julie wants to be BEEEEEEAUTIFUL! She's saved up all her money and robbed her little brother's piggy bank to buy some MMMMMAKEUP. Julie buys all kinds of makeup: red and purple stuff for her hair, green stuff for her cheeks, black stuff for her lips and yellow stuff for her eyes. When she looks in the mirror she thinks, "Oh! I am as pretty as a movie star." What she can't understand is why her parents don't seem to agree. Her mother screams, her father faints, and it isn't until Julie comes downstairs wearing her "regular face" that she learns she is beautiful with no makeup on at all.
Munsch's unique brand of humour will remind children that they are beautiful just the way they are, as they laugh throughout this hilarious new story.
- Commended, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Our Choice, 2002
- Commended, Children's Choice, International Reading Association, 2002
- Arabic - Dar El Ilm-Lilmalayin
- Chinese Simplified – Beijing Baby-Cube
- English (Asia) – Scholastic Asia
- English (US) - Scholastic Inc.
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Hebrew – Miskal
- Portuguese – Siciliano
- Italian – Editrice Il Castoro
- Moose Cree - Moose Cree First Nation
- Serbian – Moro