Oliver Bounces Back
by Alison Hughes, illustrated by Charlene Chua
ISBN 97814431898803 Hardcover
32 Pages | Ages 3 to 7
See an excerpt
Oliver’s day has started badly — can he turn his luck around?
Reports confirm that Oliver is having a pretty terrible day. By the time he gets to school (late), he’s tangled with the hairbrush, stepped in dog drool, burnt his toast, and been hit in the head by his sister’s gooey banana. At school, the bad luck continues, and when someone claims Oliver’s square on the reading-time carpet — that’s the last straw!
Oliver gets mad, gets quiet, gets sad, starts to talk, and then really takes charge! By lunch recess, he has the whole class literally bouncing around the playground, as he’s discovered the exhilaration of bouncing back from a bad day.
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Non-fiction back matter provides tips for cultivating resiliency and handling emotions.
- Innovative bright design with interactive comic panels.
- Humorous and engaging story in which Oliver, the protagonist, takes agency to solve his problem.
- Author has a background in policy and law reform for children with disabilities