The New Baby Calf
by Edith Newlin Chase, illustrated by Barbara Reid
ISBN 9781443157445 Paperback
32 Pages | 10.05" x 8.31" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
A fresh new look for the first picture book to feature Barbara Reid’s signature Plasticine artwork!
First published in 1984, this heartwarming story about a new baby calf’s first seasons, and the mother cow that loves him through all of his first steps, is a true Canadian classic. It has the added distinction of being the first book to feature the award-winning artwork style of Barbara Reid!
Now, with a fresh new cover, Edith Newlin Chase’s beautiful poem, can be introduced to a new generation of mothers and babies, celebrating the simple, unconditional nature of parental love.
- English (Australia) - Scholastic Australia
- English (NZ) - Scholastic New Zealand
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- This classic book is ideally suited to the board book format, with simple, repetitive text and vibrant illustrations.
- Barbara Reid's distinctive style is immediately recognizable.
- The themes of mothers and babies, growing up, and farmyard animals always delight very young children.
- Barbara Reid's other board books: the Zoe board books, Read Me a Book, and Sing a Song of Mother Goose, have all been bestsellers.