What Is Peace?
by Wallace Edwards
ISBN 9781443148436 HC, Jacketed
32 Pages | 9" x 11" | Ages 4 to 10
See an excerpt
A stunning, thought-provoking look at peace.
Peace is a familiar word, yet its meaning is both simple and complex. Edwards explores peace, and invites young readers to think about what that means to them. In a series of linked questions combined with Edwards' singular art, the concept of peace is picked up, shaken, turned all around, and carefully examined from every angle. The impact is engaging, delightful, thoughtful, and powerful — in the perfect blend of whimsy and sophistication for which Edwards is known — and it allows young readers to venture in, knowing there is no one answer, and no wrong answer. There are many books on war for children; far fewer that examine peace. What Is Peace? engages readers to think about peace in their day-to-day lives, and around the world.
- Commended, TD Summer Reading Club, 2017
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2017
- English (Asia) - Scholastic Asia
- English (Australia) - Scholastic Australia
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Japanese - Rikuyosha
- A book about peace complements the many offerings on war.
- Perfect for use in discussions around bullying.
- Edwards' artistic approach is an impetus for creativity and expression, as well as discussion, whether at school or home