Notes from the Life of a Total Genius
ISBN 9781443148238 POB
272 Pages | 5 3/16" x 8 3/8" | Ages 9 to 12
See an excerpt
A new year, a new controversy, another way for Arthur to infuriate everyone!
With his best friend Robbie now living in another city, and his on again, off again love Kennedy as his co-editor on the school newspaper, Arthur’s final year at junior high is off to a rocky start. A chance to produce his own play gives him some hope, but it’s dashed when the new principal challenges the final scene. Not one to take “no” for an answer, Arthur uses his wit to evade censorship… and now the graduation dance is in danger of being cancelled — much to Kennedy’s dismay. In typical egotistic style, Arthur won’t back down, citing artistic integrity. Torn between the wishes of his fellow students and his own best chance for fame, what will Arthur do? His power trip gives us more insanity, more laughs and maybe a sly lesson or two.
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Starred Selection, 2017
- All rights available
- Fresh, distinctive voice that is imbued with humour.
- Offbeat approach with Arthur's trials and tribulations coming through his journals, emails, homework assignments, doodles, scripts, etc.
- Arthur's intrinsic style and humour play out with the same fervour as in the previous books.
- Final book in best-selling trilogy