Nibi's Water Song
by Sunshine Tenasco, illustrated by Chief Lady Bird
ISBN 97814431107891 Hardcover
32 Pages | Ages 4 to 8
See an excerpt
Determination and teamwork bring clean water for Nibi and her friends.
In Nibi’s Water Song, an Indigenous girl named Nibi is on the search for clean water to drink. Though she faces repeated obstacles, Nibi’s joyful energy and perseverance shines through. She becomes a catalyst for change and action as her community, and then in widening circles the country and government, rally to make clean drinking water available for everyone.
Kids will see that when the stakes are high and a problem seems too large to face, every small bit that someone does can help — and that inaction in the face of a wrong is not an option.In an incredible collaboration of talent, Chief Lady Bird’s stunning original artwork conveys themes of strength, hope and resilience, while Sunshine Tenasco’s amazing optimistic spirit shines through in her writing.
- French (N. Amer) - Éditions Scholastic
- An upbeat story about the importance of clean water.
- Encourages discussion on other environmental issues.
- Author and illustrator are both active in youth outreach and education in their communities.
- Models a way children can bring about change —demonstrating that though young, they are not powerless.