ISBN 9781443163415 Paperback
240 Pages | Ages 9 to 12
See an excerpt
A big imagination and a family mystery combine for humour with heart.
Cooper believes that his grandfather — who has Alzheimer’s — is actually D. B. Cooper, the famous skyjacker who secured a small fortune and then vanished without a trace in 1971. Cooper sets out to prove his grandfather’s true identity and uncover one of the biggest secrets in modern history!
What begins as a distraction for a mystery-loving kid whose family is coping with the emotional and financial strain of caring for an aging relative becomes a way of proving himself at school and maybe even fixing his parents’ relationship troubles.
- Short-listed, Chocolate Lily Book Award (BC Children's Choice), 2020
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2020
- All rights available
- Stacey Matson’s Genius series was a big hit internationally.
- A compelling read with an intriguing mystery at its core.
- There are few books for young readers about this infamous character and caper.
- Insightful, humorous, witty and moving as it depicts a family coping with intergenerational issues and loss.