by Frieda Wishinsky, illustrated by Emma Pedersen
ISBN 9781443133708 Hardcover
32 Pages | Ages 3 to 7
See an excerpt
Alfie can’t stay out of messy trouble . . . but who is Alfie?
Alfie tries to stay clean, but he is forever making a mess. The story and art lead us to think a boy is talking about a dog who keeps stirring up trouble, but a little twist at the end engages readers while highlighting the strengths of friendship, imagination and play. This is a humorous story that celebrates the value of mischief, the joys of getting dirty and the bond between a boy and his dog
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2020
- French (N. Amer) - Éditions Scholastic
- A celebration of mischief!
- Universally appreciated theme of giving children freedom and space to play, explore and connect with their environment.
- An up-and-coming illustrator paired with a well-known, well-loved picture book author makes for a dynamic combination.