Read Me A Book
by Barbara Reid
ISBN 9781443148498 Board book
26 Pages | 6.03" x 6.77" | Ages 0 to 3
See an excerpt
Barbara Reid's celebration of reading and sharing has a fresh, new look!
Best-selling author and illustrator Barbara Reid has created a colourful celebration of the pleasures of reading to babies and young children, anytime and anywhere. Warm and detailed plasticine illustrations of adults and children reading together join with bouncy, rhythmic verse to invite children and parents to share the joy of reading indoors and out, at any time of day! The perfect gift for new parents, Read Me a Book reminds us that reading to young children is key to the development of literacy and the enjoyment of learning — plus the simple text also makes it great for kids just learning to read back to their parents.
Praise for Barbara Reid:
- Starred Choice, Canadian Children's Book Centre Our Choice Catalogue.
- Canadian Toy Testing Council Great Book Award, Top Ten Canadian Children's Books of 2004.
- With her inimitable style, Barbara Reid has created a Christmas treat to be savoured and shared over and over. National Reading Campaign (for The Night Before Christmas)
- *Readers will marvel at the amazing details . . . a special book indeed. Kirkus, (starred review for Picture a Tree)
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2016
- Commended, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Our Choice, 2005
- Commended, Canadian Toy Testing Council, Great Books of the Year, 2005
- Short-listed, Debbie Zimmerman Early Years Niagara Literary Award, 2005
- English (Australia) - Scholastic Australia
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Reid’s three-dimensional Plasticine illustrations are instantly recognizable and widely popular.
- Like Rosemary Wells’s Read To Your Bunny, this title has become a classic first book to share with a young child.
- Learning to read is a topic close to the hearts of parents and teachers.