by Elise Gravel
ISBN 9781443181747 Hardcover
32 Pages | 8.333" x 11.307" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
Who made this mess?
When dad asks who left socks all over the place, a brother and sister insist that it was “Not Me.”
Dad is quite sure the kids are not telling the truth, until he is introduced to the actual Not Me, a creature who in turn accuses Not True, who exposes the real sock bandit, the ever-complaining Not Fair!
Parents and caregivers will appreciate this highly relatable book that manages to slyly address the blaming and excuse-making that often happens, while focusing on the humour of the situation.
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2020
- Commended, Toronto Public Library First & Best Booklist, 2020
- Short-listed, Joan Betty Stuchner - Oy Vey! - Funniest Children's Book Award, 2020
- French (N. Amer) - Éditions Scholastic
- French (excl. N. Amer.) - Nathan Jeunesse
- Both parents and kids will laugh at this unexpected take on a common sibling protestation.
- Features a diverse family and parenting from a very relatable dad.
- Gravel’s signature wit infuses both story and illustrations.