Jillian Jiggs and the Great Big Snow
ISBN 9781443119498 Hardcover
40 Pages | 8.29" x 8.24" | Ages 3 to 8
Rediscover the magic of a snowy day on the 10th anniversary of this delightful Jillian Jiggs story!
"Jillian, Jillian, say it's not true.
How do you lose all the things that you do?"
Jillian wants to go play in the snow with her sister and her friends, but her mom says no not until she finds her hat! So instead, Jillian wears a Martian hat from the costume box. Of course, that means the snowscape needs to be turned into Mars, with cosmic landscapes, aliens, and flying space sleds. As the creativity flows, though, Jillian loses not only her hat (again), but her scarf and mitts too! What is Mom going to say?
Sledding, snowmen, and wild flights of imagination abound in Phoebe Gilman's first-ever wintertime Jillian Jiggs story. Celebrate a wonderful, snowy decade of Jillian Jiggs and the Great Big Snow with this sparkly 10th anniversary edition of the much-loved story. Have fun, and try not to lose your mittens!
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2013
- Short-listed, OLA Blue Spruce Award, 2004
- Short-listed, Tiny Torgi Print Braille Award, 2004
- Short-listed, Shining Willow Award (Saskatchewan Young Readers' Choice), 2003
- Commended, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Our Choice, 2003
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic