Give Me Back My Dad!
ISBN 9781443107648 Paperback
ISBN 9781443107631 Hardcover
32 Pages | 8.01" x 10.01" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
After almost 170,000 votes tallied, here's the winning story of our Pick-A-Munsch contest!
In Fall 2010, Scholastic Canada launched a promotion that allowed young readers to help select the story by Robert Munsch to be published as his 30th book with Scholastic Canada. After close to 170,000 votes tallied, the fans have spoken — here are the details of the winning story:
Cheryl and her dad go ice fishing, but it turns out that the fish are pretty smart. They are trying to catch the people right back! In the end, Cheryl and her father bring home something really good . . . and it's not a fish at all!
This story was inspired by a young girl in Rigolet, Labrador. Twenty years ago Robert Munsch went ice fishing with a girl named Cheryl and her father, and this story was born. He has performed it live for many years now, but it has never appeared in book form before. Scholastic Canada is proud to bring this wonderful, whimsical tale to young readers everywhere!
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2012
- Watch the animated video.
- Chinese Simplified - Beijing Baby Cube
- English (US clubs) - Scholastic Inc.
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Korean - Book Story
- Inuktitut - Katimavik School Board
- Winner of the nation-wide Pick-a-Munsch contest, celebrating Munsch's 30th book with Scholastic. The kid in this book lives in the tiny fishing hamlet of Rigolet, Labrador.
- Munsch and Martchenko are an unbeatable team who have withstood the test of time and made their way into the hearts of adults and kids alike.